BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO HERE!

06 December 2005

Folding@Stage

A contest at Animefest - we all are trying to remember how paper boats were made. Here I have a moment of "enlightenment" :)

In other news - today I was "performing" in an event at Latvian University - telling a bunch of people what is console, how and why can work and survive there. Was fun.

Also I got tired of instability of Ubuntu dapper and went for a radical move - downgrading a system back to breezy. It was no easy feat - after setting APT preferences (pinning breezy to 1500) I went trough a series of "apt-get dist-upgrade"s and "apt-get -f install"s. Some packages failed to downgrade because of file conflicts, then I had to manually fix file lists in /var/lib/dpkg/info/package.list so that there is no conflict. After the whole downgrade I could reinstall all my lost packages by means of "dpkg --set-selection" and "apt-get dselect-upgrade" and via aptitude remembering what software I installed manually trough it before the downgrade. All in all - a successful downgrade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home