Start with a killer
To start the blog not with an obligatory 'Let's start this' post, but with something worth reading, I want to present the mighty nildience (null audience) the best Linux audio playing app: Amarok.
- Collection of your music based on the top directory - i.e. you just say 'my music is in /home/aigarius/mp3' and it rebrowses that dir each time it starts to find new music.
- Automatic rating based on play/skip ratio - just listen to what you like and skip songs you don't like and soon Amarok will be able to tell the difference.
- Get lyrics in 1 or 2 clicks - I love this feature.
- Control the player regardless of your current app - shortcuts with 'Windows' key work everywhere.
- Very nice playlist management within your music collection.
- Least played songs - either to try something long forgotten or to free your hard drive.