BLOG HAS BEEN MOVED TO HERE!

21 April 2005

LWN: LWN.net Weekly Edition for April 21, 2005

LWN: LWN.net Weekly Edition for April 21, 2005

Note: This page is currently only available to LWN subscribers (*hint*, *hint*)

This issue of LWN has a great insight into Bdale Garbee's thoughts about Branden and the future of Debian. I am a bit more optimistic then Bdale on this. I think that there is a definite need for a single project leader for Debian. This practise has been proven right by many open source projects (both successful ones with leader and unsuccessful ones with such). A leader provides focus and the trouble spot to prod the inactive parts of the project. Also public representation is a critical part of a leaders duty.
I see Project Scud as a great proding for the stallemate in the top leadership structure of Debian.

Anyway, I hope we will discuss it more troughtly at Debconf5.


Another good article is an introduction to kprobes - great stuff I must say. Now I really better understand how to debug the kernel if I'll ever need to.


Article about Progeny's Componentized Linux makes me think how I could use that for my side-work. More about that later. Creating a custom distribution from premade 'components' using a tool called 'component compiler' within 20-30 minutes. I've been planning to create such framework at my previose workplace (LinTech). Great minds think alike :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home